Geospatial Web Quest
- Try the Geospatial Web Quest. This print-and-copy task helps students become familiar with the Geospatial Christchurch website functions. It also assists students with their inquiry skills, particularly information gathering and asking good questions. Students need to have an internet connection and their class login. Word (52k) | PDF (480k).
Geospatial Audio Activity
- Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded audioconferences - Word (29k) | PDF (136k). Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together a class audioconference summary.
Interactive, self-marking activities
Designed to test students' understanding of content on the background pages.
- Where am I? - requires Flash
- Collecting geospatial data - surveying - requires Flash
- GPS and GIS - requires Flash
- Open data - New: Flash not needed
- Aerial imagery - New: Flash not needed
- New Zealand place names - New: Flash not needed
- Topographic maps - requires Flash
- Property information and subdivisions - requires Flash
- A new central city - requires Flash
|Curriculum Area||Strand||Background Pages||Learning Outcome||Activity|
Place and Environment
|Curriculum||Strand||Background Pages||Learning Outcomes||Activity|
Number and Algebra
Geography Achievement Standard 1.8